Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fun Topsy Turvy 60th Birthday Cake

Click the picture to enlarge.
This was my first cake done for a stranger!  Ahhhhhh!  I received an e-mail from a very crazy man who is still madly in love with his 'wifey'.  He wanted to surprise her with a birthday cake while vacationing on Long Island.  He told me that his wife wasn't too happy about turning 60, so I decided to come up with a fun design, rather than an older feeling design.  The cake itself is super tiny, being that it was only for 2 people.  The cakes are an 8", 6" and 4" stacked.  Each layer was decorated differently, one with diamonds, one with zebra and one with stripes.  Roses, stars and diamonds were added to make it feel even younger.  This turned out to be one of my favorite cakes.

Oh, and you guys should check out the reviews for the Allegria hotel on TripAdvisor.com!  My customer was so happy with the cake, he even mentioned me in his hotel review!!!







For your entertainment, a picture of me with the cake!
Isn't it so cute?!


No comments:

Post a Comment