Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Niece's Winter Wonderland Sweet 16 Cake!

Click the picture to enlarge.
My niece had her Sweet 16 January 13th and of course her aunt had to make her cake!  I was so busy helping my sister plan that everything for the cake fell into last minute!  The party started at 7:30pm and I was literally putting on the last snowflake at 7:41pm!  Lets just say I missed cocktail hour.

The 'C' and snowflakes are made of gumpaste.  The cake itself is covered in white fondant which was coated with pearl shine and some glitter.  The top tier was decorated with a snowflake press made by Duff.  (Not too pleased with how it came out.)  The middle tier is plain white and the bottom tier has a cushion type design to it. Although you can't tell from the picture, each snowflake is unique and some had a pearl shine or glitter or are kept plain to give it a depth.

I'm upset that I had to rush the cake, but I was pretty pleased with it in the end.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment