Monday, August 8, 2011

Fangtasia Cake (True Blood)

Calling all True Blood fans! Calling all True Blood fans! So, as I'm sure most of YOU are, I'm a HUGE True Blood fan. My sister and I have a party practically every Sunday to celebrate. While planning our usual Sunday party, I decided that I wanted to make a cake in honor of our favorite show. My favorite character is Eric... siiggghhhh! Isn't he dreamy?... Okay, back to planet earth now! To show my love for Eric, I thought I would make a Fangtasia cake as well as a TruBlood bottle! Yaaah!

Cake Specifics:
  • Was carved from a 18"x12" cake pan.
  • Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing.
  • Covered in black fondant.
  • Decorated with hand cut Fangtasia sign.
  • Bottle is made from rice cereal treats and covered in red fondant.
  • All decorations on bottle are hand cut.
This cake turned out to be a little more time consuming than planned. The bottle gave me nothing but problems from the beginning. BUT! Now that I know where I went wrong, I can bang one out pretty quickly. All in all, this is one of my favorites, but I may be a little biased.











No comments:

Post a Comment