Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nerd Hello Kitty Cake

Nerd Hello Kitty
Click the pictures to enlarge.
Hey everyone!  I've been on hiatus for a while now, but I'm back!  Recently I got a cake order from an old friend from High School.  She promised her friend a Nerd Hello Kitty cake, and I was her go to!  I love it when that happens!!

So the cake isn't the traditional white Hello Kitty.  This one is black, with nerd glasses and a red bow.  Everything is made out of fondant, except the whiskers which are gumpaste.  The 'Happy Birthday Mida' is attached to the board with water (A trick I learned a long time ago).  The water makes the bottom of the fondant sticky and once dried it sticks firmly to the board.




P.S. - Don't forget to check out my NEW blog!  I'm officially obsessed with Pinterest and I try and re-create things I've pinned!  Follow me in my failures and good attempts!  Pinterest DIYs  Hope to see you there!

    


No comments:

Post a Comment