Monday, August 8, 2011

Baby Girl Shower Cake!

Isn't it precious?! This is one of the very few tiered cakes that I have done. A friend of my boyfriend's asked for this cake for his expecting wife. AW! They gave me a photo to go by and I went to work! This cake was definitely time consuming. There was a lot of drying involved and a lot of things to do by hand. My favorite aspect of the cake is the lettering I did on the bottom. The text reads 'Best Wishes Milena', which was written on little circles than placed staggered on the cake. All I have to say is the pictures don't do this cake any justice. Bummer.

Cake Specifics:
  • 8" and 10" tiered rounds covered in baby pink fondant.
  • Red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and baby pink buttercream.
  • Diamond cushion design with white pearls at each point.
  • White pearl border.
  • Hand made gumpaste bear and bow.
  • Hand made baby pink and white flowers which were placed throughout.
I really wish you all could have seen this in person! It was so beautiful! Let me know what you think.








Here are some items that helped me make this cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment