Monday, August 15, 2011

Story Book Cake!

Hello everyone!  Sorry for the delay in posts, I've been working a bit!  So, here's another one of my cakes that I've done recently.  It's a cake that I based off of an amazing cake I found on CakeCentral.  The original can be found here.  I'm a little upset at how my little figures came out, but I am in love with the background on both sides.  This cake was really time consuming.  Both sides had items that took hours to dry, plus hours to create!  Good thing creating these things is fun right?!

Cake Specifics:
  • Book shaped base.
  • Covered in baby blue fondant.
  • All decorations made from colored gumpaste.
  • Words printed on edible paper and placed on with water.
The 'Finding Nemo' side is amazing in person.  The coral reef I created with gumpaste looks almost life like!  It's crazy how much I've improved in the past few months that I'm surprising myself everyday.  I just want to say thanks to everyone who takes time to read my blog!  I hope I inspire you to follow your dream in making cakes!




Here are some of the items I used to make this cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment