Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dadchelor Party Cupcake Invitations

Click the pictures to enlarge.
Man oh man were these a lot of work.

I was asked to make 12 Dadchelor Party cupcake invitations, which included a cupcake with an edible image on top, a totally custom made by me  paper invitation, individual cupcake boxes, shipping boxes and custom shipping labels.

The baking of the cupcakes were no problem, considering I bake almost 100 a week anyways.  The hard part came when I had to start making the invitation.  It kept having to be changed, which in the end was good because it does look much better.  Then the time came to put together the cupcake boxes, and boy was that a mess.  It took forever just to get those damned boxes together!  Haha.  The edible image was not a problem.  I made the image with a four wheeler, which I then edited to have a baby sitting on top, and I included that in the invitation.  Before I knew it, it was time for shipment.  I boxed everything up, adorned the boxes with my custom labels, and headed for the post office.  I told the receptionist that the item inside was perishable and could not be tossed around by any means necessary.  She agreed, took my order, and walked away with the cupcakes.  A few days later, I get an e-mail stating that some of the cupcakes arrived melted and tossed around.  My heart sank.  I worked so hard on these and to find out they got ruined was very upsetting.  Plus, I felt for the woman who had ordered them.

After this experience, I'm not too sure if I'll ever do cupcake invitations again.  At least, I won't trust the post office to mail them.  #extrasadface




Oh, and I'm going to be offering the invitations I made to you guys!  They will be going for $0.50 a pop, with no minimum order.  That will include printing, personalizing, and shipping out to you.  It will not include envelopes, or shipment to your guests.  Here are the two versions I have:





2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I was able to read an article on this topic without being bored. Thanks for keeping my interest and attention. Individual Cupcake Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete