Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pink Diamond Sweet 16 Cake

Click the pictures to enlarge.
The cake seen around the world!  That's what I was calling this one when I was doing it.  It has over 500 individual diamonds and pearls on it.  When a light hit it, this cake shone like crazy.

The designs were made with stencils, which I then covered with diamonds and pearls.  It took hours and hours and hours, but it was so worth it in the end.  The sides were then given a 'cushion' look, without the actually cushion effect, by putting diamonds where the 'cushion' would have been.  Confusing... I know!  

The fondant on the cake goes from darker to lighter pink.  It gave it a cool look to the eye.  The cake was then topped with a bow that matched the darkest pink to tie it all together.

So, what do we think?!  Let me know in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment